NUT-FREE MANGO & GOJI MOUSSE RAW VEGAN CAKE
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 110 g sprouted dehydrated buckwheat
- 70 g gluten-free porridge oats
- 120 g medjool dates
- 50 g goji berries
- 3 tablespoons melted cold-pressed coconut oil
- 750 g fresh ripe mango
- 130 g raw agave/raw honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 130 ml lemon juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 270 ml melted cold-pressed coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons melted cacao butter
- First line a 20 cm cake tin with plastic wrap or grease proof paper.
- In your food processor add the coconut, the buckwheat, the oats and process into flour. Add the dates and berries and blend to a fine couscous like consistency. Finally, add the melted coconut oil and pulse for a few seconds until well incorporated.
- Press this mixture into the base of your prepared tin and put into the fridge while you make the moose filling.
- In a high speed blender, blend the mango, sweetener, lemon juice, lime juice, sea salt and vanilla until smooth. Then add the coconut oil, cacao butter and blend for a further 10 to 15 seconds. Be sure to stick to this time otherwise you could over-process.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the base. Either refrigerate overnight or freeze for 2 to 3 hours until set.
- You can decorate with either fresh mango slices, berries, nuts and seeds, again the list is endless!!!!!!!!!
Your cake will be good in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days or for a few weeks in the freezer.