RAW TORTILLA WRAPS
INGREDIENTS FOR WRAPS (MAKES 6)
- 90 g whole golden flaxseed(ground)
- 4 medium carrots peeled
- 1red bell pepper deseeded
- Handful of spinach
- Three medium vine tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 3 teaspoon mixed dry herbs
- 20 g psyllium husks
- 450 mll filtered water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Process the flaxseed into flour in your blender or grinder. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender until very smooth, adding more water as you need. If the mixture becomes too liquid just add a little more psyllium or flaxseed powder to thicken it up. The consistency should be that of pancake mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly onto dehydrator sheets approximately 4 mm thick. Dehydrate at 45° C for about 4 hours, or until the wrap is firm enough for you to peel away from the sheets and flip over. Continue to dehydrate for around another two hours.
- The wraps should be completely dry but not crisp in any areas. The finished wrap should be firm but still pliable and flexible.
- You can store your wraps in an airtight container for up to 2 to 3 weeks. Placing them in the fridge also helps to get rid of some of the brittleness from over-drying which often happens around the edges of the wrap.
You can fill your wrap with all of your favourite vegetables and salads. Try some nut cheese, sauerkraut, avocado, raw pesto, live sprouting seeds…….. the list is endless!!